Dr. Preeth R.,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
Google scholar Link:
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
1. Internet of Things
2. Network Security
3. Foreground Segmentation
Professional / Teaching Experience:
(a) Assistant Professor – Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIITDM Kurnool, A.P. (Aug 2020 – Present)
(b) Assistant Professor (Sr. Grade) – School of Computer Science and Engineering, VIT, Chennai Campus. (Dec 2019 – Aug 2020)
(c) Research Associate - Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli. (Aug 2019 – Nov 2019)
(d) Assistant System Engineer- Domain of Banking and Finance – TATA Consultancy Services Limited, Chennai. (Jul 2014 – Feb 2015)
Important Research Publications:
List of International Journals:
1. Preeth Raguraman, Mohan R and Vishnu B. “Localization in wireless sensor networks: A dimension based pruning approach in 3D environments”. Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, Vol. 68 (2018), pp. 219-232. (SCI, IF: 5.3)
2. Preeth Raguraman and Mohan Ramasundaram. “Dimension based localization technique in Internet of Things: A fuzzy driven approach for mobile target." Journal of Information Science and Engineering, Inst Information Science, Vol.35 (2019): 977-996. (SCI)
3. Midhula V, Mohan R, and Preeth Raguraman. “Contextual Background Modeling using Deep Convolutional Neural Network." Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer (2019),Vol.79 (2020): 11083-11105. (SCI, IF: 2.3)
4. Midhula V, and Preeth Raguraman. “A Fully Residual Convolutional Neural Network for Background Subtraction". Pattern Recognition Letters, Elsevier (2021),(Doi:10.1016/j.patrec.2021.02.017.)(SCI, IF: 3.2)
5. Preeth Raguraman, Shivakumar N, and Balaji N. “Software Effort Estimation Using Attribute Refinement based Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Model." International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 3 (2014): 2719-2724.
List of International Conference Papers
1. Preeth Raguraman, R Mohan,” Low Cost Received Signal Strength estimator for localization in wireless networks”, International Conference on Microwave Integrated Circuits, Photonics and Wireless Networks (IMICPW-2019), IEEE Xplore, May 2019, NIT Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. (Awarded as Best Research Paper)
2. Preeth Raguraman, Midhula Vijayan, R Mohan,” LibROSA based assessment tool for Music Information Retrieval systems”, International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (MIPR-2019), IEEE, San Jose, CA, USA.
3. Preeth R, Mohan R, and Ashwini Kumar Badal , ”Self Localization and Routing in densely deployed wireless networks using LAS Algorithm”, International Conference on Informatics and Analytics, ACM, India. (2016)
4. Preeth R, R. Mohan, “Indoor Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey”, NCCCT’ 16 (2016), pp. 29-33, Anna University, Tiruchirappalli. (2015)
1. Data Structures- Theory/Practice
2. Data Communication and Networking- Theory/Practice
3. Object Oriented Programming- Theory/Practice
4. Social Media and Network Analysis
1. Recipient of ‘Foreign Travel Grant’ from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi to present paper in IEEE Conference held at San Jose, CA, USA in March 2019.
2. Qualified UGC ‘National Eligibility Test (NET)’ in June 2019 and ICAR ‘National Eligibility Test (NET)’ in April 2018.
3. Qualified GATE 2013 with a percentile of 91.7.
Email: preeth (at) iiitk (dot) ac (dot) in