Dr. Shounak Chakraborty,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from IIIT Guwahati
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Artificial neural networks, remote sensing, pattern recognition and image processing
Professional / Teaching Experience:
Welcome to my page. My name is Shounak and I have completed my PhD from the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati in August 2020. I have been awarded with the university Gold medal for standing first class first in M.Tech. I have also been a recipient of DST-INSPIRE fellowship (Fellow No.: IF150878), by Govt. of India for pursuing the doctoral studies 2015-20. I have four publications in SCI journals and nine in reputed conferences. Please click here to know more.
Important Research Publications:
1. S. Chakraborty, M. Roy, and F. Melgani. “Semi-supervised two-level fusion-based autoencoded approach for low-cost domain adaptation of remotely sensed images”. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 16(7):1041–1045, 2019.
2. S. Chakraborty and M. Roy, “A neural approach under transfer learning for domain adaptation in land-cover classification using two-level cluster mapping”. Applied Soft Computing, 64:508–525, 2018.
3. S. Chakraborty, J. Phukan, M. Roy, and B. B. Chaudhuri, “Handling the class-imbalance in land-cover classification using bagging based semi-supervised neural approach”. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing letters, 17(9): 1493-1497, 2020.
4. S. Chakraborty and M. Roy, “A multi-level weighted transformation based neuro-fuzzy domain adaptation technique using stacked auto-encoder for land-cover classification”. International Journal Remote Sensing, Taylor and Francis, 41(17): 6831-6857, 2020.
1. S. Chakraborty, I. Kalita, and M. Roy. “Unsupervised Domain Adaptation in land cover classification under neural approach using feature-level ensemble”. In 39th IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, Yokohama, Japan, pages 724-727, July 2019.
2. S. Chakraborty, I. Kalita, and M. Roy, “An adversarial learning mechanism for dealing with the class-imbalance problem in land-cover classification”. In 19th International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems, Springer, Bhopal, India, pages 188-196, Bhopal, India, 2019.
3. S. Chakraborty, N. Aggarwal, and M. Roy, "A deep semi-supervised approach for multi-label land-cover classification under scarcity of labelled images", in 10th International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS), Indore, India, 2020. (Accepted)
4. I. Kalita, S. Chakraborty, and M. Roy, "Deep Ensemble Network for handling class-imbalance problem in land-cover classification". In 18th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology, pages 505-509, Bhubaneshwar, India, 2019.
5. S. Chakraborty, S. K. Adhikary and M. Roy. “Automatic Land-cover Classification using Semi-supervised Multilayer Perceptron for Analyzing Remotely Sensed Images”. In IEEE International conference on Innovations in Electronics, Signal Processing and Communication, Shillong, India, April 2017.
6. S. Chakraborty and M. Roy. “Domain Adaptation for Land-cover Classification of Remotely Sensed Images using Ensemble of Multilayer Perceptrons”. In third IEEE International Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology, pages 523-528, Dhanbad, India, March 2016.
Complete list of publications: link
Machine Learning (CS509)
Email: shounak (at) iiitk (dot) ac (dot) in
University topper in M. Tech