Dr. T. Pandiyarajan,
Department of Sciences,
Ph.D. in Physics from National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Optical nanomaterials, Bioactive nanostructured materials, Thin film fabrication, Raman spectroscopy, Photocatalysis
Professional / Teaching Experience:
Dr. T. Pandiyarajan worked as Post-Doctoral Research fellow at Department of Materials Science, University of Concepcion, CHILE, South America from January 2014 to October 2017. He was a visiting scientist at Faculty of Physics and Mathematical Sciences, University of Autonoma Nueva Leon, Mexico and Functional Materials Division School of Information and Communication Technology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. At the beginning of his teaching career, he worked as Assistant Professor (On contract) at Central university of Tamilnadu from August 2013-December 2013. Also, he worked as Adhoc faculty at Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala from December 2017 to August 2020.
Important Research Publications:
1. Pandiyarajan Thangaraj, Mangalaraja Ramalinga Viswanathan, Karthikeyan Balasubramanian, Héctor D. Mansilla, David Contreras, Selene Sepulveda-Guzman, M.A. Gracia-Pinilla (2017) Ultrasound assisted synthesis of morphology tunable rGO:ZnO hybrid nanostructures and their optical and UV-A light driven photocatalysis, Journal of Luminescence 186, 53-61
2. Thangaraj Pandiyarajan, Ramalinga Viswanathan Mangalaraja, Balasubramanian Karthikeyan, Selene Sepulveda-Guzman, Hector D. Mansilla, David Contreras, Nestor Escalona and M. A. Gracia-Pinilla (2016) Microstructure, vibrational and visible emission properties of low frequency ultrasound (42 kHz) assisted ZnO nanostructures, RSC Adv., 6, 20437-20446
3. B. Karthikeyan, T. Pandiyarajan, S. Hariharan, Muhamed Shafi Ollakkan (2016) Wet chemical synthesis of diameter tuned NiO microrods: micro structural, optical and optical power limiting applications, Crystal Engineering Communications 18, 601-607.
4. T. Pandiyarajan and B. Karthikeyan (2013) Birth of room temperature Magnons and Raman line enhancement in ZnO nanostructures containing Cobalt oxide Journal of Raman Spectroscopy 44, 1534–1539
5. T. Pandiyarajan, R. Udayabhaskar, S. Vignesh, R. Arthur James, B. Karthikeyan (2013) Synthesis and concentration dependent antibacterial activities of CuO nanoflakes, Materials Science & Engineering C (Materials for Biological Applications) 33, 2010-2024
6. T. Pandiyarajan, R. V. Mangalaraja, B. Karthikeyan (2015) Enhanced ultraviolet fluorescence in surface modified ZnO nanostructures: Effect of PANI Spectrochimica Acta Part A 147, 280–285.
7. R. Udayabhaskar, R.V. Mangalaraja, T. Pandiyarajan, B. Karthikeyan, Héctor D Mansilla, David Contreras (2017) Spectroscopic investigation on graphene-copper nanocomposites with strong UV emission and high catalytic activity. CARBON 124, 256-262
8. R. Udayabhaskar, Saeed Farhang Sahlevani, T. Prabhakaran, T. Pandiyarajan, B. Karthikeyan, David Contreras, R. V. Mangalaraja (2019) Modulation of Optical and Photocatalytic Properties by Morphology and Microstrain in Hierarchical Ceria Nanostructures, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 195, 106-113
9. N. Pugazhenthiran, R.V. Mangalaraja, P. Sathishkumar, S. Murugesan, T. Muneeswaran, T. Pandiyarajan, S. Naveenraj, D. Contreras, S. Anandan (2018) Green synthesis of porous Au-Nx-TiO2 nanospheres for solar light induced, photocatalytic degradation of diazo, triazo dyes and their eco-toxic effects, New Journal of Chemistry 42, 18717-18728.
10. B. Karthikeyan, S. Hariharan, R.V. Mangalaraja, T. Pandiyarajan, R. Udayabhaskar, P. Sreekanth (2018) Studies on NiO-PVA composite films for opto-electronics and optical limiters, IEEE Photonic Technology Letters 30, 1539-1542
Complete list of publications
Title of the invention: “Proceso de sintesis para la obtencion de materiales nucleo- coraza ZnO-CeO2 de espesor regulable, para aplicaciones de proteccion ultraviolet”
Name of the Inventor:
THANGARAJ Pandiyarajan, F. S. Saeed, S.G. Felipe Abner, L. P. Marta, C. R. Von Plessing, R.V.
Chilean Patent Application No.: 2995-17 (Ministerio de Economia, Fomento y Turismo, Gobierno de Chile)
Date of Filing: 27-11-2017
Applicant: Universidad de Concepcion, CHILE, South America
Principal Investigator in POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH PROJECT (No 3140178) titled “Development of Graphene-ZnO composite nanostructure thinfilms for solar cells” funded by FONDECYT, Government of Chile, 2013-2016 (7168800 INR)
1. Principal Investigator in FONDECYT- INICIACIÓN 2016 research project (No 11160849) titled “Development of ultrathin graphene oxide free-standing filters for the removal of heavy metals in water purification” funded by FONDECYT, Government of Chile, 2016- 2017 (3498100 INR).
Email: pandiyarajan (at) iiitk (dot) ac (dot) in
Office: 08518 289118